Are you looking for the best Malta travel guide? Look no further. We list out top 24 things to do in Malta which will make sure you have a wonderful time exploring the capital city of Valletta as well as the southern part of the island. Are you ready? Let’s take off!
Original Source: “Top Attractions in Malta” from The Filipino Traveler | Malta Travel Guide
Top Things to Do in Malta:
1. Mnajdra Temple
Mnajdra Temple: Located a few hundred meters from Hagar Qim is the Mnajdra Temple waiting for visitors to be explored.
2. Magar Qim
This 5,000 year old ancient temple ruin located in the southern part of the country is older than the Stonehenge.
3. Saint John’s Co-Cathedral
Saint John’s Co-Cathedral: Inside the church, you’d find the famous painting of Michelangelo Caravaggio, aside from the extravagant chapels and frescoes so for an entrance fee of 10 €, this is definitely a must when in Malta.
This traditional fishing village located in the south-eastern part of the island is simply gorgeous and captivating with it’s numerous restaurants offering seafood dishes 😋
5. Palace Armoury
6. Saint George’s Square
7. New Parliament Building
8. Royal Opera House (Pjazza Teatru Rjal)
9. Fort Saint Elmo
10. Saint Publius Parish Church
11. Floriana Heritage Trail
12. Shopping District in Valletta
There are lots of shops and restaurants here so you’ll definitely have a great time in the Old Town.
13. Bibliothek Building
14. National Museum of Archeology
15. Fort Saint Angelo
16. Parish Church of Jesus of Nazareth
17. Ferry Cruises
18. Valletta Waterfront
A beautiful water front with shopping complex and restaurants 👍
19. Blue Grotto
20. Fort St. Angelo & Church of Saint Laurence
A visit to Vittoriosa for its historical Fort St. Angelo and the Church of Saint Lawrence among others
22. Maltese Balconies
Luzzu is a typical fishing boat in Malta is also for tourists to enjoy 😉
24. Local food: Pastizzi & Imquret
Have you ever been to Malta? Share with us your experience. More travel inspirations at @awardtravel.
You May Also Like
- Travel Blogger Insights: The Don’t of Visiting Japan
- Bangkok Travel Guide: 25 Amazing Things To Do in Bangkok, Thailand
- 24 Hours in Lucerne, Switzerland: 6 Places to Visit
- Lounge Review: Eva Air The Infinity Lounge – Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE)
- Hotel Review: Renaissance Lucerne Hotel, Switzerland [Marriott]
- Flight Review: Singapore Airlines B777-300ER First Class, Hong Kong to San Francisco
- Lounge Review: Japan Airlines First Class Lounge – Tokyo Haneda Airport (HND)
- The Ultimate Award Traveler’s Guide to Marriott Rewards