Every day we picked the essential award travel news to keep you stay informed. Today, we are bringing you – ; 8 other award travel news today.
We knew this March is going to be a good month with so many good deals showing up in the past few days, what we didn’t see coming is a 35% transfer bonus when converting hotel points to British Airways Avios. This is especially useful when transferring from using Marriott’s Travel package. Instead of the standard 120,000 miles, you will now receive 42,000 extra, making it an unbeatable deal when it comes to converting to Avios. There is also a separate opportunity to earn bonus British Airways Avios through flying. Besides the co-brand credit card deal from 2 weeks ago, Avianca is also running a promo with hotel partners to earn up to 20,000 miles via hotel stay. Air China is launching a new route between London and Chengdu, which may be interesting for some international travelers since BA suspended the route a year ago in Jan 2017.
We learned about HYATT’s new inclusion of Oasis home rentals last week, and now a bit more information is revealed where 1,000 bonus points are earned for each night before June 30th. You can also redeem 15,000 HYATT points for $200 Oasis credit at 1.33 CPP. According to our Award Travel report for HYATT point valuation, each point is worth around 1.74 CPP, making the Oasis credit a terrible deal. IHG is rumored to be in talks to buy Belmond, originally Orient Express Hotels. Although the deal is still up in the air, many should be happy to see IHG incorporating a new line of properties.
On the negative side, reports are showing up that HYATT is sending out e-mails about elite member lending their status using additional guest. This makes sense for both the elite and the other party because the lender will receive stay/night credit, while the borrower enjoys the elite benefit. The official rule allowed an elite member to book for their friends and family using Guest of Honor, which will not earn stay/night credit for themselves. Citi is quietly devaluing the 3hr trip delay benefit on the Prestige card. Many on Reddit and FlyerTalk are reporting that misconnects that cause greater than a 3-hour delay are no longer reimbursable; the scheduled flight itself must be delayed at least 3 hours.
- 35% Transfer Bonus When You Convert Hotel Points to Avios, Loyalty Lobby
- British Airways Up To 16,000 Bonus Avios For Flights Between UK & Europe March 2 – June 30, 2018, Loyalty Lobby
- Avianca LifeMiles Credit Cards 40,000 & 60,000 Miles Bonuses After One Purchase, Doctor of Credit
- LifeMiles Hotel Tour: Up To 20,000 Bonus Miles With Hotel Partners March 1 – April 30, 2018, Loyalty Lobby
- Air China to open Chengdu-London route in May, ATW Online
- Oasis Now World Of Hyatt Participating (Part of Unbound Collection) + 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night March 1 – June 30, 2018, Loyalty Lobby
- Award Travel Report 2017 (2): Everything You Need to Know about Hyatt Points Valuation (@CPP Value), Award Travel
- IHG to buy Belmond (the old Orient Express Hotels) to add a true luxury brand? Head for Points
- Hyatt cracks down on second guest approach to sharing status, Frequent Miler